Do I need a permit to photograph in the Gardens?

No. Photography and videography are at your leisure. If you wish to have photographs taken within the Gardens without a ceremony, booking is not required. However, please be mindful of existing Gardens users and other wedding ceremonies.

As always, our volunteers appreciate donations from Gardens visitors.

Are we allowed to bring our own alcohol?

No. Alcohol is not permitted to be consumed in public gardens and parks in accordance with Queensland State Law, Liquor Licencing Act of Queensland 1992.

Can I bring my own equipment?

You may bring your own wedding set-up including carpeted aisle, archway, flags and/or a signing table, chairs etc. Set up and pack down of all equipment is to occur within the allocated hire duration. The applicant is responsible for all property, equipment, decorations and materials associated with their ceremony. We will not accept any responsibility for damage or loss prior to, during or after the ceremony. No fixtures are to be attached to trees or structures.

Can I drive my motor vehicle onto the site?

No. As the park is open to the public, safety is of upper-most importance.

Can I use confetti or rice?

Confetti and rice are not permitted as they are classified as litter. Rose petals are permitted in lieu of confetti and must be cleaned up after the event.

What happens if it rains?

We strongly suggest you have an alternate plan in place. No refund applies for wet weather cancellations.

Can I cancel my booking?

We ask that you contact us as soon as possible in the event of a cancellation/change of date. This way we can free the booking time and make it available for another ceremony or event.

If an event is cancelled more than 30 days prior to the event date, a full refund will apply. If the event is cancelled within 14-29 days before the event date, a 50% refund will occur. No refunds will apply to cancellations within 13 days of the event. However, we may review each case on an individual basis.

Can I have my reception at the Gardens?

Yes. Some wedding receptions are permitted within the Gardens. They must comply with the general limit of 25 people and are subject to licence approval from Scenic Rim Regional Council. You will need to provide copies of relevant approvals including event permit, food licences and all suppliers must provide us with a copy of their Public Liability Certificate (no less than $10,000,000).

Can I erect a marquee for the ceremony?

Marquees are prohibited anywhere in the Gardens except by special permission. You will need to discuss such a request at time of booking.

Cleaning and remediation

We may undertake unprogrammed/emergency maintenance within the Gardens which is beyond our control, as well as programmed maintenance; we have the right to carry out these works. In these instances, you may be required to relocate your ceremony location. We make every effort to carry out Gardens maintenance with minimal disruption to booked weddings, but situations can arise when this is not possible.

We will contact you in the case of major work being carried out at your ceremony location. Due to the continuing improvements of our Garden, we cannot always guarantee the area will remain free from construction activities. Special mowing or additional servicing of the area is not provided. We are unable to control leaf/branch debris resulting from inclement weather conditions or irresponsible people using the area prior to your ceremony.

Do I need to make a booking?

We appreciate how important your event is and booking your preferred area within the Gardens is the best way to ensure no other event that has reserved a space is taking place at the same time.

Do you fence a section off for the event?

We will make a reservation for the area for your event and provide signage informing the public of the impending event timing. We also ask that the public be respectful of the private event and do not proceed within the designated area. However, we are unable to physically cordon off the area from the public.

Is an electrical power source available?

Power is available at the Piccabeen Lawn. Please notify us well in advance if you wish to access power as it is not usually turned on. Note: amplification is not to exceed 72 decibels