Main photograph by Shirley Hans Photography
The Gardens offer a beautiful location for weddings and are also a popular venue for many families and groups to celebrate various events.
The lawn at the north-western end of the lake (shown above), which has recently been fully refurbished and now named the Piccabeen Lawn, is an ideal site although other sites are available. We ask that you limit the number of guests – a maximum of 20 is ideal – bearing in mind the amount of parking space available and other visitors to the Gardens. We also ask that no confetti or rice be used at ceremonies. We also expect that rubbish be removed following the service and, if music is played, that this is kept to a reasonable volume so as not to disturb neighbours and other visitors.
The following is a guide to utilising the Botanic Gardens for your function:
- No tables are to be moved
- All rubbish is to be taken away and site cleaned up after the ceremony
- Parking areas are to be respected and not congested
- No vehicles are allowed past the Car Park areas or on the lawns
- There is no provision for inclement weather
- Anyone using the Gardens for a private function, which falls within the above guidelines, is advised to arrange their own Public Liability Insurance cover
- The area may be decorated and include the use of chairs and arbours
- Noise levels are to be kept to a minimum.
To book or enquire about your wedding or function and ensure the availability of the site, please contact our Weddings Manager directly with your names, email and phone contact and preferred area of the Gardens.
Or phone 0409 263 666
Please remember that, as a volunteer organisation, we are unable to offer some of the services of other gardens.
A booking and donation will ensure your preferred space is reserved and the area is prepared on the day. We ask for a donation of $300 for the Piccabeen Lawn area and $200 for any other space. The Main Pavilion is for the use of the general public and is not available for ceremony bookings. The stone bridge may be an ideal location for photos but is not available for ceremonies as it is the main thoroughfare for all Gardens visitors.
Please make your donation payment directly to our bank account:
Tamborine Mountain Botanic Gardens Inc.
BSB: 633 000
Account Number: 1646 23134
Please include your name as a reference with the payment.
Please text the funds transfer receipt to our Weddings Manager